Taguilon Floating Cottage



Bring your SPF 3000 Sunblock. You'll need it.




     Just last week we had a chapter gathering for our ministry and the itinerary included a trip to Taguilon Floating Cottage in Dapitan City. Taguilon is a barangay in Dapitan City, situated by the sea and is famous for its floating cottages in its very own cove. To get there, one must endure a 20-minute butt-paralyzing habal-habal (motorcycle) ride from Dapitan Bus Terminal. But trust me, it will be all worth it.




     When we got to the port we saw a cottage waiting for us attached to a small boat. The boat then took us to the middle of the cove. Right now, they only have 2 cottages which could carry a crowd of up to 30 visitors.



     The problem is I don’t know how to swim. Huhu God help me. Looking around I saw a couple of safety vests hanging by the bamboo columns. I was so happy that it was there, else I would just be sleeping inside the cottage or snap some IG-worthy shots. The cove is mesmerizing. How the sea sparkles under the bright sun, and the waters gathered inside the cove by the wall-like mountain was stunning, it was like i was in Westeros (yes, i'm a fan of GOT). Even with my inability to swim, I enjoyed floating in the deep waters. The glory of God covers the earth as the waters cover the sea. <3



     Screw the tan lines, they will fade, but the memories made there never will, unless I’ll have amnesia or Alzheimer’s, which is unlikely ;)

Bring your SPF 3000 Sunblock. You'll need it.
Bring your friends. 

Comments

Post a Comment