Daenerys in a Red Dress | No Spoilers | Me Before You






Daenerys in a Red Dress | No Spoilers
| Me Before You


      Emilia Clarke stars in the 2016 romantic movie, Me Before You. Emilia - better known, or should I say I have only known her all my life as Daenerys Targaryen, 'The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and of the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dragons' - gave her character the adequate personality and life it requires. I don't know about those who read the novel, but as I watched the movie on the big screen it made my heart cringe and fall in love with her portrayal of the role, and I guess that was what the casting director would have wanted.


      What made it more cringe-worthy was that I am so fanboying over Daenerys throughout the film. Yeah I know, I can't get over seeing Daenerys in a  stunning red dress, clumsy, carefree, chatty, cheerful and smiling, totally opposite her gray, white or blue toned costumes, sometimes in her birthday suit yet still oozing with composure and charisma as far as her name goes in game of thrones. Its a real treat. It's not in every episode that we see Daenerys smile, how much more laugh.


       To those who haven't watched the film yet - the main actress did her job well, as well as the actor, and the story line achieved its purpose of making you cry. It's a must watch. To those who watched the film yet and are not currently watching Game of Thrones, let Emilia Clarke be one of the many reasons to binge watch the series. To those who watched both the movie and game of Thrones - Valar Dohaeris.

      It might be too early to say this, but among the 2 roles I saw Emilia Clarke portray, I say she can act. 


I say she can act.
No, I meant she can slay - with or without her dragons.

Comments

Post a Comment