My commute experience in the heart and heat of Martial Law



Kahapon lang when I was commuting to Iligan from MSU, the army personnel told me na di daw talaga ako pwedeng lumabas ng MSU because it happened that I left my safe pass sa cottage namin. The personnel told me that I need to go back to my cottage and bring my safe pass para payagan nila ako. It was already late in the afternoon and I  already paid for the Php 100 transporation fee. I know I should cooperate pero given the circumstances I pleaded with the personnel kasi baka di ako tuluyang makababa sa Iligan. I stayed in MSU for 2 weeks listening to the consistent sound of airstrikes, bombs and gunshots in distant Marawi.  But still the personnel refused, but sincerely I understood that he needs to do his duties.
But what caught my attention was that the students were reciting some numbers(not their id number) and the personnel was not even double checking if it matches really with the list. Ordinary residents of msu were allowed to pass through given they present any ID.

I was wearing my faculty ID the whole time and presented it to them, and he refused.

I even presented to the personnel a photo of my table name plate with my name and my designation as a faculty, but still he refused.

Safe pass lang talaga ang accepted basta faculty, sabi niya.

Students recite a number without them double checking it on their list and they let the students pass.

MSU residents present any ID so they let them pass.

Safe pass lang talaga ang accepted basta faculty, sabi niya.

He wont even accept my faculty ID or the other proof I gave him, kasi wala daw silang listahan ng MSU employees.

I think every organization has a list of its employees. So I think giving them a copy is not too much po. Its for the convenience and the coordination of both parties.

God bless and more power MSU.

.


And it was just another day in the life of a bulletproof teacher.

Comments