I chose to be bulletproof.

I started my blog with the sarcastic title of being free and unemployed, calling it as freeandunemployed.blogspot.com. My posts were so random, from travel diaries to movie reviews and Game of Thrones episodes. That was way back June 2016 when everything was mundane.

I applied for a job and later on was accepted as an instructor in the College of Business Administration and Accountancy, MSU-Main. I loved the idea of giving back to the very institution that molded me as I am. I was no longer unemployed but still free.

Then came May 23, when everything went crashing down. As a faculty of MSU, I was hesitant to go back teaching because of the presence of dangerous elements. But I chose to trust the administration and the government when they told us it is safe in MSU. So I chose to go back.

I do not regret the decision I've made, but still I worry of the possible things to happen. Right now I belong to a team of experts who will help rehabilitate Marawi City while still teaching senior high  and college classes.

The only thing that motivates me to carry on is the thought that you can't fight terrorism with guns and airstrikes and bombs and cannons. I believe in the idea that it would really matter how we shape and nurture the mind of the child. Education can kill terrorism.


So now I'm free and employed.
And I chose to be bulletproof.

Comments