Marawi Clash

No religion could justify such terror.

I lived in MSU for quite some time now. I graduated here and chose to work as a college instructor in my beloved alma mater. MSU has been called the “Melting Pot of the South” for it is a place wherein Christians, Muslims and Lumads could coexist in harmony (as if that’s not possible to happen).

Every time I went home, or would attend high school friends’ gatherings, I would always get the same question: is it safe there? Isn’t it dangerous there? Some would even assume I’m wearing a bulletproof vest everyday. And for the record, it has always been safe for me, until today.

Along with acts of terrorism making headlines all over the globe, Marawi City tagged along. News of ISIS and Maute Group putting Marawi City under siege has been flooding our facebook newsfeed and other social media outlets. Let me take this chance to remove this deadly stigma that we have about Muslims. You can never find a dictionary which translates “terrorists” into “Muslims” or the other way around.

Yes we may not understand much of their religion and so hastily judge them, but brothers let us be logical. Let us not be quick to point our fingers to somebody. Let us not associate such shameful acts to a particular religion or a particular group of people. These are not religious acts nor are these humanly.

No human could believe he is doing the right thing by doing this.

No religion would promote such acts of violence.

No religion could justify such terror.


#PrayForMarawi

Photo credits to LakadPilipinas

Comments